Colorado Blue Spruce, Picea pungens glauca, Tree Seeds (Hardy Evergreen)
- May 17, 17:48 PST
- $80.00 View item
- Item location:
- Ships to:
This is a "Multiple Variation" style listing.В Use the "Seed Qty" drop-down menu, above, toВ select quantity/weight.
30 Seeds for $2.00
100 Seeds for $4.00
200 Seeds for $6.00
400 Seeds for $10.00
800 Seeds for $18.00
1,600 Seeds for $34.00
3,200 Seeds for $50.00
1 Ounce (6,720 Seeds) for $80.00
This item ships free when paid together with any other purchase. U.S. addresses only.
Colorado Blue Spruce, Picea pungens glauca, Tree Seeds
Evergreen, Adaptable, Hardy, Bonsai, Christmas Tree, Hedge Plant, Screen/Windbreak, Specimen Tree, Cold, Drought and Wind Tolerant
Colorado Blue Spruce is a medium to large, narrow, pyramidal conifer with horizontal branching to the ground. It typically grows 30 to 60 feet tall in cultivation, but may reach 100 feet or more where it grows naturally. It is native to the central Rocky Mountains from southern Montana and eastern Idaho south to New Mexico where it is typically found growing in moist locations from 6000 to 11,000 feet in elevation. Stiff, bristly, four-angled, green to blue-green to silver-blue needles (to 1 1/2 inches long) point outward from the branches in all directions. Cylindrical light brown cones, to 4 inches long, have flexible scales. Dark gray bark furrows on mature trees.
Leaf: Evergreen needles, 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches long, stiff
and very sharp (spine-like), displayed nearly straight out from twig, silvery
blue to dark green. Strong acidic taste. Each needle borne on a raised, woody
Flower: Monoecious; males emerge reddish purple and ripen to yellow-brown, scattered throughout trees; females purple, upright, in tops of the trees.
Fruit: Cones are 2 to 4 inches long, cylindrical, light brown in color, scales are flexible, pointed with jagged erose margins, mature in the fall.
Twig: Stout (when compared to other spruces), hairless, tan; needles are borne on woody pegs; bud scales brown and noticeably reflexed.
Bark: Gray to red-brown, young trees with small, thin scales; older trees still scaly but with shallow furrows.
Form: A medium to large tree with pyramidal form reaching up to 80 feet tall. Branches appear layered, especially with age.
Other Names: Colorado Spruce
Zone: 2 to 7
Growth Rate: Slow
Plant Type: Blue
Needled evergreen conifer
Native Range: Southern Rocky Mountains, United States
Height: 30 to 60В feet
Spread: 10 to 20В feet
Sun: Full Sun
Fall Color: Evergreen
Drought Tolerance: Moderate to High
Site Requirements/ Soil Tolerances: Easily grown in average, acidic, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates some light shade. Prefers rich, moist soils. Although established plants have some drought tolerance, soils should be kept consistently moist and not allowed to dry out in the early years. Generally prefers cool climates and will struggle in the heat and humidity of the deep South.
Uses: Specimen for landscape, Windbreak, Bonsai, Christmas tree, mass plantings.
Sowing Picea pungens glauca Seeds:
For best results, please follow the instructions in the order provided.
Scarify:Soak in water, let stand in water for 24 hours
Stratify: Cold 0-30 days, 40 Degrees F in a Moist Medium (Not wet).
Germination:Sow 1/8", Keep moist (Not wet). Seed germinates best under cool spring temperatures.
For more information about seed pretreatment and growing trees and shrubs from seed, please try the following links:
- Seeds Packets are labeled with seed name and sowing details.
- Seeds have not been pretreated unless specified in the listing.
- Seed is not a specific Cultivar (Variety) unless specified in the listing.
- Due to the many factors involved in successful germination, Seller cannot be responsible for buyers growing methods or mistakes.
- I have provided what I believe to be a good overview on this page (which you are free to print for further reference), however, it is still recommended to check specialist literature for more details and practices specific to your climate and soil conditions to avoid mistakes in the germination and growing process.
Shipping and Discounts:
All items are set up to automatically discount as follows:
Any promotional offers are discounted by using the "Add to Cart "only.
To qualify for any discounts, items must be paid together, on the same eBay invoice.
If paid separately, no discounts will be applied though seller reserves the right to ship together.
If there are any questions or concerns about the amount due, please message me before paying so I can address all of your concerns before there is a problem.В
Buyer assumes responsibility once payment has been made.
It is the buyerвЂ™s responsibility to know their countries customs laws.
- Plant and plant materials including seeds may be restricted from importing to your country. Please check with your customs agency and or post office before purchasing. Upon purchasing this item Buyer accepts the risk of item being confiscated and/or destroyed by customs and Seller will not be held liable for this.
- If you are on my exclusion list it is because: вЂњPlant and plant materials including seedsвЂќ are restricted from importing to your country, it is enforced by your country and there is a high rate of customs checking for this.
- Import duties, taxes, and customs charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- Tracking is not available for International items. International mail varies from 10 to 30 business days (postal working days) and some countries require certain International items to be picked up at your post office. Upon processing your order, you will be sent a customs number, your shipping date and your shipping address, which you will need in order to retrieve it from your post office if you are required to do so. If these are not picked up in a reasonable time they may be returned or discarded.
- All mail items are subject to inspection by customs when crossing into another country. If stopped for inspection this will cause serious delays in receiving your item(s). You may or may not be notified of this. This may require you to pick up your package from your post office.