Korean Evodia, (Bee Bee Tree), Evodia danielli, Tree Seeds (Fast, Fragrant)
- Aug 6, 10:20 PST
- $50.00 View item
- Item location:
- Ships to:
This is a "Multiple Variation" style listing.Â Use the "Seed Qty" drop-down menu, above, toÂ select quantity/weight.
50 Seeds for $2.00
150 Seeds for $4.00
300 Seeds for $6.00
600 Seeds for $10.00
1,800 Seeds for $20.00
5,400 Seeds for $50.00
This item ships free when paid together with any other purchase. U.S. addresses only.
Korean Evodia, (Bee Bee Tree), Evodia danielli, Tree Seeds
Fast Growth, Showy Fragrant Flowers and Leaves, Showy Fruits, Attracts Bees and Birds, Wildlife Food/Shelter, Shade Tree, Street Tree, Cold, and Drought Tolerant
Native to Korea and southwestern China, Korean Evodia (also commonly called Bee Bee Tree) is a deciduous tree with a rounded, spreading, umbrella-shaped habit. It grows 25 to 30 feet tall and as wide. Flowers are small, white and fragrant in flattened corymbs, 4 to 6 inches wide, blooming in July thru August. Flowers are loved by honey bees and bloom in abundance at a time when few other trees are in flower. Flowers are followed by reddish-purple seed pods that split open when ripe. Each pod contains two small, shiny black seeds. Pods remain on the tree from late August to November. Birds are attracted to the seed. Opposite, pinnately compound leaves to 18 inches long, each with 7 to 11 ovate glossy dark green leaflets 2 to 5 inches long, retain good color throughout the growing season. Fall color is generally absent, with the leaves typically dropping when green or yellowish-green. Smooth gray bark.
Leaf: Opposite, pinnately compound, 7 to 14 inches long, 7
to 11 ovate to oblong, entire leaflets (each up to 4 inches long), shiny dark
green above, paler and initially hairy below.
Flower: Small, 1/4 inch, white with yellow anthers, in large (3 to 6 inches), branched clusters at the ends of twigs, fragrant, appearing in mid to late summer, quite abundant and conspicuous, very attractive to bees.
Fruit: Red to nearly black beaked capsules (1/4 inch) in large somewhat showy clusters, shiny black seeds inside, fruits ripen in late summer and persist through mid-winter.
Twig: Medium to stout, somewhat angled, large heart-shaped leaf scar, small light brown buds sit nearly on top of leaf scar.
Bark: Smooth gray at all ages, lenticels are more prominent on young stems, older bark may have very shallow vertical furrows, in general the bark is similar to beech.
Form: A medium sized tree up to 50 feet in height, broadly spreading crown on a short trunk.
Other Names: Tetradiumdanielli, Bee Bee Tree, Tetradium daniellii, Evodia daniellii, Euodia daniellii
Zone: 4 to 8
Growth Rate: Fast
Plant Type: Deciduous
Native Range: Southwest China, Korea
to 30Â feet
Spread: 25 to 30Â feet
Bloom Time: July to August
Bloom Color: White
Sun: Full Sun
Fall Color: Non showy yellow
Drought Tolerance: High
Site Requirements /Soil Tolerances: Easily grown in consistently moist, moderately fertile, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates some light shade.
Uses: Good small lawn tree. Woodland gardens.
Sowing Evodia danielii Seeds:
For best results, please follow the instructions in the order provided.
Scarify:Soak in water for 24 hours
Stratify: 0 days
Germination: Sow 1/8â Deep
For more information about seed pretreatment and growing trees and shrubs from seed, please try the following links:
- Seeds Packets are labeled with seed name and sowing details.
- Seeds have not been pretreated unless specified in the listing.
- Seed is not a specific Cultivar (Variety) unless specified in the listing.
- Due to the many factors involved in successful germination, Seller cannot be responsible for buyers growing methods or mistakes.
- I have provided what I believe to be a good overview on this page (which you are free to print for further reference), however, it is still recommended to check specialist literature for more details and practices specific to your climate and soil conditions to avoid mistakes in the germination and growing process.
Shipping and Discounts:
All items are set up to automatically discount as follows:
Any promotional offers are discounted by using the "Add to Cart "only.
To qualify for any discounts, items must be paid together, on the same eBay invoice.
If paid separately, no discounts will be applied though seller reserves the right to ship together.
If there are any questions or concerns about the amount due, please message me before paying so I can address all of your concerns before there is a problem.Â
Buyer assumes responsibility once payment has been made.
It is the buyerâs responsibility to know their countries customs laws.
- Plant and plant materials including seeds may be restricted from importing to your country. Please check with your customs agency and or post office before purchasing. Upon purchasing this item Buyer accepts the risk of item being confiscated and/or destroyed by customs and Seller will not be held liable for this.
- If you are on my exclusion list it is because: âPlant and plant materials including seedsâ are restricted from importing to your country, it is enforced by your country and there is a high rate of customs checking for this.
- Import duties, taxes, and customs charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- Tracking is not available for International items. International mail varies from 10 to 30 business days (postal working days) and some countries require certain International items to be picked up at your post office. Upon processing your order, you will be sent a customs number, your shipping date and your shipping address, which you will need in order to retrieve it from your post office if you are required to do so. If these are not picked up in a reasonable time they may be returned or discarded.
- All mail items are subject to inspection by customs when crossing into another country. If stopped for inspection this will cause serious delays in receiving your item(s). You may or may not be notified of this. This may require you to pick up your package from your post office.